Grade 2 listed, Dolobran Friends Meeting House. “A building of national historical importance”.
We recently had the pleasure of conducting a roof inspection of this beautiful, remote historic building. Built by the prominent Quaker Charles Lloyd II in 1700, Dolobran Friends Meeting House was the first legally recognised, purpose built place of worship in Wales.
The brick built and Welsh slate roofed building has been well maintained over the years by the Lloyd family and in 2014 John Lloyd gifted the building to local Quakers. The building is still used to this day for regular meetings.
Apart from some moss intrusion and a couple of slipped slates, the roof, chimney and guttering proved to be in good condition. Resulting from this inspection and using the collected data, quotations for remedial work can be obtained without the need for further surveys ensuring safety - saving time, money and manpower.